Sabtu, 18 Januari 2014

can i use the same portable hard drive on a mac and on a pc?

portable hard drive mac format on ... for Mac 500 GB external hard drives: compare prices on wikio.com
portable hard drive mac format image



Freck1e


i want to back up or copy files from my mac and take them to the office and work on them using a pc. I have a portable hard drive but as its formatted for mac, the pc does not see it. I want to buy another port hd - what type do I buy - help very much appreciated.


Answer
Western digital is a very good hard drive brand for externals.

If i were you, i would format the hard drive for the pc. Mac recognizes both mac and pc so you should be fine. if it is formatted as a mac, you won't be able to see it.

If I plugged a portable hard drive from western digital into my mac, will it be available on PCs as well?




Marcus Mas


If I plugged a portable hard drive from western digital into my mac, will it be available on PCs as well? I didn't reformat anything, I just put it into the USB port. It didn't even ask if I wanted to do anything of the sort.


Answer
Format must be FAT32.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: can i use the same portable hard drive on a mac and on a pc?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

1 komentar:

  1. WD My Passport is a renowned choice for its spacious storage and data transfer speed. It is a portable storage drive with various stylish colors including – black, red, blue, white, orange, and yellow. The 3TB & 4TB is quite thickened than the lower-capacity models, but the speed is great. The WD My Passport has included backup software and encryption software. So this drive is a perfect choice for the professional photographers.

    BalasHapus